Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reading Thus Far in 2011...

I thought I would post what I have read thus far in 2011. I do not have a "best book" pick yet.

Books Read in 2011
Juvenile Fiction:
Gathering Blue- Lowry
Messenger- Lowry
Where The Red Fern Grows- Rawls
A Wrinkle in Time- L’Engle
Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry- Taylor
Island of the Blue Dolphins- O’Dell
The Outsiders- Hinton
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas- Boyne
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth- Kinney
Heroes Don’t Run: A Pacific War Novel- Mazer
Soldier’s Heart- Paulsen

Fiction:
Animal Farm- Orwell
Twelve Angry Men- Rose
Pudd’nhead Wilson- Twain
The Confession- Grisham

Christian Fiction:
Face of Betrayal- Wiehl and Henry
Hand of Fate- Wiehl and Henry
Skin- Dekker
Adam- Dekker
Heart of Ice- Wiehl and Henry
The Priest’s Graveyard- Dekker

Christian Devotional/Study:
Jesus: The Greatest Life of All- Swindoll
Finding God in Unexpected Places- Yancey
The Lord’s Supper- Marty
Slaying the Giants in Your Life- Jeremiah
In Every Pew Sits A Broken Heart- Graham
Heaven is for Real- Burpo
Finding Favor with the King- Tenney

Non-Fiction
The Hardball Handbook: How To Win At Life- Matthews
Invasion- Malkin
Heroes of the Holocaust- Zullo and Bovsun
Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government- Beck
Obama’s Wars- Woodward
The Yankee Years- Verducci and Torre

2 comments:

  1. What did you think of The Priest's Graveyard and Obama's Wars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked "The Priest's Graveyard" and read it during Milligan and KCU. I did not, though, think it was Dekker's best. "Obama's Wars" I read in April and May. I thought it was a great look at the current administration and how they view the wars and the terror situation around the world. Thanks for reading this blog, John. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete